I haven’t etched for a while, even though I’ve wanted to. I have more time already (this “retirement” thing!), so I have made a copper label for the Little Altars project. Didn’t finish in time for the first Full Moon Date. I have plans to try a second version, and I hope to revise the patina on this one with a new oxidising product I have on order, but I’m pleased so far.
The big lesson here is the pixelation of my image that created little pin holes in the resist. You can see the pin holes in the picture above, even more than in real life – they make the image above look grainy.
In Word, I made a reverse-type label with a black border (I found the helpful instructions on this through a Google search.) The image is below. Then I printed the Word document on pnp paper through a laser printer. It turns out that the really black, black, black you see below is just a large collection of black pixels to the pnp paper – and apparently not enough toner bleed to close the gaps between them. I’ve never had this issue when going from art work to pnp. So in the future, I won’t go straight from Word to pnp paper. I’ll try printing the document first, and then photocopying onto pnp.